All participants of the ALTA Award acknowledge the following Terms and Conditions of Participation:
- The PARTICIPANT agrees to attend the award ceremony at the ERS congress and the following ERS congress*.
- The PARTICIPANT agrees upon that the research project as well as the respective results will be presented in collaboration and agreement with Grifols. The PARTICIPANT agrees upon that his/her attendance at this presentation is required*.
- The PARTICIPANT agrees upon that the payment of the financial reward will only be transferred from Grifols to the Institution that employs or supports in other respects the PARTICIPANT. Grifols will not transfer any financial reward directly to the PARTICIPANT.
- The PARTICIPANT agrees upon that he/she will provide Grifols with an interim study report after the half-time of the research project, and a full report after the completion of the study.
- The PARTICIPANT agrees upon that any results and/or inventions from the research project and any intellectual property rights are jointly owned by the PARTICIPANT and Grifols. In consequence, the participant will only publish or present the results of the research project in good understanding with Grifols.
- Finally, the PARTICIPANT acknowledges that the allowance of the ALTA Award has no influence on turnover business of the Institution or the PARTICIPANT.
- In case the PARTICIPANT reaches the final election, the PARTICIPANT will be asked for a written confirmation that he is willing to sign a contract which reproduces the before cited CoPs.
- The PARTICIPANT must not be affiliated to Grifols, S.A. or its associated companies nor must be a relative to the second degree of kinship to the persons directly involved in the evaluation process / the administration of this award
*Costs associated will be paid by Grifols S.A. (subject to any local laws and regulations applicable for these purposes)